Together we make positive changes in people’s lives.
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission (SHM) assists hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or disadvantage to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul – we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Since we opened our doors in 1982, we have been providing a range of innovative, relationship-based service responses which enable people to overcome disadvantages and realise their full potential.
We currently operate 13 op shops throughout Melbourne. We recycle goods and provide sustainable fashion stores, raising funds for people experiencing homelessness and providing and promoting an ethical shopping experience. Our op shops program is expanding and growing and we now have an 3 exciting opportunities for Drivers to join our team and to become part of something bigger.
Make a real difference to the community!
If you have previous experience working as a Courier or Removalist, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have 3 positions available:
- 1 full time position based at our Northcote op shop
- 2 part time positions based at our Chapel St op shop.
You will make a real difference to the community, providing support to our 13 op shops around Metropolitan Melbourne. Working with the Vehicle Fleet Coordinator, and a team of drivers and storemen you will ensure that donated goods are collected from donors and transported to various stores.
You will also assist in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the vehicle fleet and contribute to customer satisfaction by providing extraordinary customer service.
Some of your day-to-day duties include (but are not limited to):
- Driving safely and adhering to the road rules at all times;
- Collecting donations from households and businesses
- Delivering sold items to customers;
- Transporting all donations and deliveries safely and securely, using blankets and ties to protect the goods;
- Supporting stores to manage excess and unwanted donations by transporting items between stores or into storage ;
- Assisting the Store Coordinators in the stores as required or whenever possible; and
- Ensuring vehicles' cleanliness, safety and servicing are maintained.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience in a removalist or warehousing role. You will also have experience working in a customer service facing role.
Working collaboratively with others is a big component of this role. To be successful, you will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and work well with others.
Please note: before commencing on this role, you will need to have a valid driver’s licence, have completed a Criminal Records Check and provide a current COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
The perks of the role
You will receive a competitive hourly rate PLUS super and salary sacrificing options to help you pay your rent, mortgage or other bills pre-tax. Meal and entertainment allowance are also negotiable.
Our people tell us that our values and behaviours are one of the biggest benefits of working with Sacred Heart Mission. They are:
- Welcome: we welcome and actively engage people to build relationships based on respect and trust.
- Community: we enable people to feel supported by and connected to the broader community.
- Challenge: we challenge the unjust social and economic structures that cause disadvantage, social exclusion and homelessness.
- Accountability: we measure the impact of our work so that we can develop the evidence to address deep, persistent disadvantage and social exclusion.
- Innovation: we ensure that our services remain contemporary, creative, responsive and effective.
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply scroll down and enter your details below.
For more information about the role, contact Antoni Moscicki, Vehicle Fleet Coordinator on 0427 478 755
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Sunday, 26th June, 2022