Life Matters Assistant– Aged Care Services
Your future Workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
Our Wellbeing and Activities program offers structured activities and opportunities for clients to improve their health and wellbeing, to engage in social participation and to build confidence.
Working part time, you will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of individual and group activities as defined by our robust program with the overall purpose of supporting our residents to achieve their wellbeing goals.
You will work with other team members, the Life Matters Coordinators, volunteers and additional staff who contribute to our program delivery to ensure that our residents have continued access to a wide range of opportunities for maximum social and emotional participation.
A typical day will involve facilitating set agreed Activity sessions (both individual and group based within your skillset) as defined by the weekly program. This could range from a variety of sessions including Drama, Art and Music, Coffee mornings, Footy Tipping, Dementia specific activities, Musical Bingo, Bus outings, Reminiscence and Cooking (among others).
You may also be required to assist with accepting and sorting donations and supporting residents with clothing and other individual lifestyle needs as required, whilst keeping a clean environment following all infection control standards/protocols and reviewing and updating care plans and activity logs to comply with the Aged care standards Framework and the NDIS Framework.
We are looking for someone
- Who is able to deliver a wide range of Individual and group based activities.
- Who is able to effectively support the social and emotional needs of people who live with mental illness and have experienced trauma and homelessness.
- Who can bring their individual qualities, interests and abilities to the role.
- With experience in leading activities in a Residential environment, or a wider Community setting.
- Who is able to be flexible and responsive to changes made to the program with little notice.
- Who is motivated, keen to learn, team focussed and with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Who is able to work with people without judgement.
- Who demonstrates fun and enthusiasm.
- Who demonstrates compassion, initiative and an understanding of confidentiality.
- Who has computer literacy.
- Who has an understanding of The Aged care Standards
You can look forward to
- Working part time, 22.5 hours per week
- Working in a supportive team and having the opportunity to develop professional skills.
- Having access to a comprehensive education program.
- Working in a Trauma Informed environment.
- Having the opportunity to contribute to a full and diverse Wellbeing and activities program.
- Completing your work day knowing you have made a meaningful difference to residents’ lives
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out - up to $15,990 pre tax
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply scroll down and enter your details below.
Applications close: 5pm, 30 July 2021.
For more information about the role, contact Margaret Thorpe, Manager Sacred Heart Community on 0438 176 693
SHM is committed to equal employment opportunities for all people regardless of age, gender, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation. We recognise the strength and value in diversity, and actively foster an inclusive workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a NDIS Worker Screening (NDIS) check. Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.