Mental Health Case Manager
Your future Workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
- The EIPSR role is a specialised program working collaboratively with Area Mental health services to support individuals to achieve goals and optimise their potential
- Undertake assessments, support planning and care coordination activities required to meet the diverse needs of the clients in accordance with the MHCSS and SHM standards and guidelines
- A key focus of the role will be to assist clients to obtain and sustain appropriate housing and, where eligible, access ongoing supports through the NDIS.
- Ensure services are delivered to clients using social inclusion and trauma informed principles.
- Assertive outreach in the Inner Southern metropolitan region.
- Strengths based psychosocial support to assist clients to set and achieve their recovery goals
The person we're looking for
The successful candidate will:
- Adopt an assertive engagement and relationship-based approach utilizing better practice strategies to engage clients in a case managed response
- Be experienced in the provision of mental health supports
- Collaboration with Area mental health Services to assist eligible clients to access a support package from the NDIS
- Be able to liaise and effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders including families and carers.
The perks of the job
- Innovative outreach position
- Joining an experienced and diverse Team.
- A supportive and flexible work environment
- Accessible work location
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Access to in-house training
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply scroll down and apply now with your cover letter, resume and key selection criteria. The key selection criteria can be found in the position description.
For more information about the role, contact Ken McNamara on 0425734665.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Sunday 26 June 2022
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately, and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found suitable candidates.
SHM is committed to equal employment opportunities for all people regardless of age, gender, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation. We recognise the strength and value in diversity, and actively foster an inclusive workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. Sacred Heart Mission complies with all industry standards which entails many of our roles to require a NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Sacred Heart Mission requires all its staff, volunteers, directors and contractors to be fully COVID 19 vaccinated, recognising the important role this plays in our ability to continue to support the communities we serve and to keep all of us safe.