Intensive Case Manager- Multiple positions
Your New Workplace
Sacred Heart Mission (SHM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Environmentally Sustainable driven organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age or disability. We ensure staff and volunteers operate from fit for purpose facilities that adopt green building design and practices.
Sacred Heart Mission's Journey to Social Inclusion (J2SI) program is an evidence-based intervention designed to break the cycle of chronic homelessness and we have now received additional funding from the Victorian Government to keep delivering this ground-breaking program.
Your new role
J2SI has been remarkably successful with the outcomes we have been able to achieve to date. So successful, that we have now received additional funding to start 2 new teams. This role will form part of the first team, that will work under a ‘payment by results’ funding model, that provides a unique approach to breaking down the cycle of homelessness.
The Intensive Case Manager role is unique in the way it is delivered. The work is focused on building strong relationships with people who have experienced long term homelessness. The way we do this includes having small caseloads to allow individual goal planning and outcomes (which assist clients with case-coordination) and client face to face appointments focusing on support that can help prevent the cycle of homelessness.
Through this relationship, the role will also work to ensure the service provided is supportive, effective in achieving client goals, delivering program outcomes and ensuring the highest of quality is in accordance with SHM’s values and legislative and funding requirements.
No day is ever the same, and that is why this job is so exciting. The Intensive Case Manager role supports people through their journey of homelessness and into stable housing. A big part of this role is not only assisting clients with obtaining housing but also supporting them with moving in and sustaining this housing.
We know that homelessness does not end once someone is housed which makes this program so unique. The J2SI program continues to work with people who have moved into stable housing, helping them to build connections and linkages to the community. The role helps individuals identify what areas of support will assist to prevent the cycle of homelessness. These areas can include ‘Social Inclusion or Economic Participation’ goals.
The person we're looking for
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant degree related to Community Services (Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy)
- Demonstrated experience in case management. Experience in a client facing role/as a case manager
- Experience in assisting clients to navigate different service systems to meet their needs
- Proven ability to effectively manage challenging behaviours and respond to crisis situations
- Sound knowledge of a variety of theoretical frameworks and strategies applicable for working with clients with complex needs
- Good interpersonal skills, dynamic and motivated team player
- Resilience, flexibility and adaptability
- Current Covid-19 vaccination certificate
The perks of the job
- Maximum term full time role (maximum of 2 years contract) with an ASAP start.
- Both Maximum term Part-Time and Full-Time opportunities available.
- A flexible and supportive work environment, with a focus on professional development.
- A structurally supportive work environment: regular line manager direct supervision, 1:1 clinical practice supervision, group reflective practice
- Salary packaging your expenses up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Being located in the heart of St. Kilda, accessible by Public Transport
To join our team, simply scroll down and enter your details below.
Applications close: 5pm, Saturday 25 June 2022
For more information about the role, contact Garry Bourke, J2SI Manager, +61456650130.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately, and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found suitable candidates.