Women's Supportive Housing Case Manager
Your future workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
As one of a small team of Supportive Housing, Case Managers, you will work independently and collaboratively to support clients to secure housing, settle into housing and stay housed. The role will see you undertaking assertive outreach in the community and in people’s homes to work alongside women to develop goals and navigate services that meet their needs to stay housed.
You're day to day
A typical day will see you working with other team members and clients, delivering case management and service coordination activities, and liaising with other agencies to support people to end homelessness. You’ll be using your skills of advocacy, and implementing an intersectional feminist approach, to work towards the most appropriate outcomes for women.
We're Looking for someone
- Passionate about working from an intersectional feminist framework and a trauma informed care lens.
- Experienced in the supportive housing and homelessness space and/or women’s service sectors.
- Is a team player and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Organised but also flexible and responsive to client need.
- Interested in working in an environment that encourages reflective practice.
Look forward to
- Permanent part time position (68.4 hours per fortnight).
- Working amongst a supportive team with shared values.
- Structured training, regular supervision and professional development.
- Working from an Intersectional Feminist approach with a Trauma Informed Care lens to make a real difference in ending homelessness.
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax.
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Being located in the heart of St Kilda, close to public transport and restaurants
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply scroll down and apply now!
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 26th September2021
For more information about the role, contact Claire Kruger, GreenLight Supportive Housing, Program and Partnership Manager, 0424751182.
SHM is committed to equal employment opportunities for all people regardless of age, gender, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation. We recognise the strength and value in diversity, and actively foster an inclusive workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a NDIS Worker Screening (NDIS) check. Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.