Workforce Development and Training Officer
Your future workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
The Workforce Development and Training Officer is a part-time role, working 2 days per week, with the goal of creating exciting and flexible staff development and learning programs. We are looking for dynamic and motivated team player who have:
- Relevant degree or above qualifications
- Experience developing and delivering exciting and creative learning resources suitable for face to face and online learning
and is able to:
- Engage and create a stimulating and exciting learning environment
- Develop training for both face to face and online delivery
- Show that engaging people in learning is more than reading from a PowerPoint.
While every day is different, a typical day might see you deliver training to small staff groups, this training could involve you delivering sessions on trauma informed care, case management framework, privacy or ethics and professional boundaries
For the rest of the day, you will likely be:
- Working with the training manager to develop organisational training plans that are aligned and designed to meet organisational strategy
- Developing individual online learning programs for staff teams and individuals.
- Recording training outcomes on our training database
- Working independently to develop new training materials
- Booking external training providers to delivery training such as leadership or staff supervision
- Preparing training reports and training summaries
We're looking for someone
- Is a team player
- Who wants to inspire others to learn and develop
- Who sees the value in learning and developing themselves and others
You can look forward to
- Permanent part time, 15.2 hours per week
- An opportunity to use your creativity to develop and deliver exciting and innovative training related to the community services industry
- A flexible workplace and work conditions
- A supportive and creative work environment
- Scholarship opportunities and access to in-house training
- Making a positive change
- Salary package expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Located in heart of St Kilda, close to public transport and easy to the beach and surrounding restaurants and cafes
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply scroll down and enter your details below.
If you would like to know more, give Trevor Skerry, Manager Workforce Development a call on 0427 453 722.
Closing date for applications: 5PM, Monday 30 August 2021.
SHM is committed to equal employment opportunities for all people regardless of age, gender, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation. We recognise the strength and value in diversity, and actively foster an inclusive workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a NDIS Worker Screening (NDIS) check. Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.