Casual Support Worker - Rooming House Plus Program
Your future Workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
- Rooming House Plus Program is an innovative housing support program providing support and case management to people who have experienced homelessness.
- Assist residents to engage with current supports such as; NDIS, Area mental health services and Community health services.
- Provide support and case coordination for residents, assistance to attend house activities and groups, external supports.
- Foster and develop positive relationships with internal stakeholders, particularly Sacred Heart Community, Services Coordinators, Community Housing Ltd staff, volunteers, and partnership agencies providing services to Rooming House Program Plus clients.
- Support planning and care coordination activities required to meet the diverse needs of the clients in accordance with the MHCSS and Sacred Heart Mission standards and guidelines
- Assist in day to day operations of the program
- Ensure services are delivered to clients using social inclusion and trauma informed principles
We're looking for someone
- Able to work across a wide variety of shifts, including sleepover shifts
- Experienced in effectively responding to challenging behaviours and crisis situations.
- Who is team focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work alongside the team with strong relationship skills
You can look forward to
- Joining an experienced and diverse team.
- Opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team
- A supportive and flexible work environment
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Access to in-house training
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Be located in the heart of St Kilda, close to public transport & parking
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply scroll down and enter your details below.
For more information about the role, contact Lisa Grant Program Coordinator 0438 160 287.
Close date: Sunday, 21 March 2021.
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check against the Disability Worker Exclusion List (DWEL). Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.