Volunteer Program Coordinator
Your future workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
Sacred Heart Mission delivers programs and services to people experiencing social disadvantage. These programs require the support of volunteers to run smoothly. The volunteers office ensures that the volunteer journey from recruitment to induction, compliance, rostering, conflict management and exit are completed with the end result of well matched, placed and supported volunteers across the organisation.
Use your skills in volunteer management to ensure this iconic not for profit can achieve and meet the growing need of the organisation. Make a difference in the life of people experiencing social disadvantage.
There is no typical day within the Volunteers program, this is what makes it a great exciting place to work.
Regular tasks would include:
- Going out on site to connect with staff, volunteers and external stakeholders to build good working relationships
- Leading a small team of office-based staff and volunteers
- Keeping an overview of accuracy of the volunteer data and preparing reports
- Planning key projects and events
To work efficiently you’ll be constantly building relationships with program staff, volunteers and community members to ensure a smooth running of the respective volunteer program
We're looking for a motivated person with
- Extensive experience working within the volunteer sector to join our team
- Ability to multitask and manage several competing projects and priorities
- Ability to work under pressure while still maintaining a sense of calm
- A positive solutions-focused approach
You can look forward to
- Full time role
- Being part of an energetic, high achieving, creative and fun team
- Working across many different programs
- Using your skills in people management, communication with a diverse range of stakeholders and project management
- Every day being different with new challenges
- Access to in-house training
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Being located in the heart of St Kilda with easy access with public transport
To join our team, simply scroll down and enter your details below.
For more information about the role, contact Trevor Skerry, 0427 453 722.
Applications close: Sunday 14 February 2021 at 05.00 PM.
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check against the Disability Worker Exclusion List (DWEL). Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.