Senior Case Manager - Rooming House Plus Program
Your future Workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
- RHPP is an innovative housing support program providing support and case management to people who have experienced homelessness.
- This senior role is responsible for developing support plans, staff supervision and working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Foster and develop positive relationships with internal stakeholders, particularly SHM Community, Services Coordinators, Community Housing Ltd staff, volunteers, and partnership agencies providing services to RHPP clients.
- Undertake assessments, support planning and care coordination activities required to meet the diverse needs of the clients in accordance with the MHCSS and SHM standards and guidelines
- Provide regular, high quality professional supervision for support staff, including opportunities for reflective practice and timely debriefing.
- Ensure services are delivered to clients using social inclusion and trauma informed principles
We're looking for someone
- Who is experienced in effectively responding to challenging behaviours and crisis situations.
- Who is team focused with strong interpersonal skill
- To adopt an assertive engagement and relationship based approach utilizing better practice strategies to engage residents in a case managed response
- With developed supervision skills
- With experience in dual diagnosis casework and strong clinical skills
You can look forward to
- Joining an experienced and diverse Team.
- A supportive and flexible work environment
- Accessible work location in the heart of St. Kilda
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Access to in-house training
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Flexible working conditions
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply scroll down and enter your details below.
For more information about the role, contact Ken McNamara on 0425734665.
Close date: Sunday, 21 February 2021.
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check against the Disability Worker Exclusion List (DWEL). Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.